For Julianne’s birthday this year, I decided to have a little fun: Ladybug Cupcakes. Wish I could say that it was entirely my own idea, but the truth is that months ago one of our customer at Allo Chocolat asked us to order red fruit slices for her ladybug cupcakes. I asked how she made them, and knew I’d have to give it a try ever since!
Here’s what I used:
– One dozen cupcakes (I made homemade strawberry cupcakes!)
– Frosting (I used white, but green would be adorable too.. it would look like grass!)
– Fruit Slices (I was able to buy a package of all red ones, thanks to our customer who special ordered them! They can also be bought individually, so I could’ve picked out all of the red ones)
– Candy Eyes (M&M’s, or just piped frosting could also be used!)
– Chocolate Covered Cashews (I thought the shape of them was perfect! Our customer was going to use chocolate covered oreos.)
– Melted Chocolate (for the ladybug’s polka dots, and for glue)
Step 2: Frost the cupcakes.
Step 3: For the wings, place two fruit slices on each cupcake, pressing them into the frosting.
Step 5: A chocolate covered cashew was nested into the frosting at the top of the “wings.”
Step 6: Using melted chocolate for glue, I attached the candy eyes to the cashew heads.
Step 10: Celebrate!