This little cheeseball is a great make-ahead appetizer that is easy to throw together and tends to be a hit at parties and get togethers! Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels, or fresh veggies.
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Blend the cream cheese and shredded cheddar thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the pecans) and mix together. Form into a ball.
- Spread out the pecans on a plate or shallow bowl. Scoop the cheese mixture on top of the pecans and roll into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Enjoy the same day, or make a day ahead to allow the flavor to develop.
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, pita chips, or fresh veggies!
Adapted from this recipe.
(This can be a gluten free recipe if you make sure your Worcestershire sauce is G/F… the one pictured below is not.)
Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature, then blend the cream cheese and shredded cheddar thoroughly. (I forgot to do that this time… But the pic came out prettier!
Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the pecans) and mix together. Form into a ball… or as much of a ball as you can manage.